The Tolkien Tag 2016
1. How many books by J.R.R. Tolkien have you read?
The Hobbit (once), The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (first two books twice, last one once), and Letters to Father Christmas (once - if you've never read it you are missing out).
2. Have you seen any movies based on them?
I've seen the first and second one a couple times and parts of the third one of the LOTR movies. I prefer the books and my own imagination over the ugly creatures in the movies.
3. Are there any scenes/moments that make you cry?
It's sad when Thorin dies in The Hobbit (book).
4. Are there any scenes/moments that make you laugh?
Probably several but it's been a while since I've read them.
5. Have you ever chosen a Middle Earth name for yourself? If so, what is it?
No. I feel like I did a quiz thing where I got an elvin name but I don't remember what it was.
6. Who would you want to party with/marry/fight to the death? (pick three characters)
Merry and Pippin/Aragorn (book) or Sam (as Sean Astin)/umm.. I don't want to die..
7. When was the last time you visited Middle Earth, via books or movies?
A couple years (books).
8. Do you consider Gollum to be a villain? Why or why not?
Not really. If he wouldn't have found the ring it wouldn't have made him the way he is.
9. How would you sum up what Tolkien's stories mean to you in one word?
ADVENTURE (all in caps of course).
10. List up to ten of your favorite lines/quotes from the books or movies.
I know I've written down many lines from the books but I don't know where they are at...
My copy of The Hobbit